Saturday, February 14, 2009

19 years and counting...

As of yesterday, we have been married 19 years! Wow, time flies even if it all isn't fun and games. We met the day after Christmas 1986 and tied the knot in 1990. So much water under the proverbial bridge. Three kids, two granddaughters, numerous dogs and cats, several horses, and lots of learning along the way. Life has thrown us some roadblocks, but, somehow, we got through them and look forward to more challenges ahead.

We went to the Toadstool for lunch and free pool, Mel and Jason and kids got there and Morgan shot balls with Richard. Mel and I had a nice conversation, and Jason took Josiah (?) to play the arcade games after lunch. Very nice way to spend the day. I am a people person, and am having a harder time with retirement than I anticipated. So I make Richard take me to town or Boise, or where ever to get a people fix. I love him dearly, but I drive him and he drives me nuts if we are not getting some kind of diversion every now and then. Cabin fever anyone?

Dad is doing okay after surgery. We had been to see him on Tuesday, left to go have lunch, and Mom called. Their car developed a gas leak and was not safe to drive, so we went back and Rich got the tow truck situated as I got Mom and Dad in the backseat of our truck. Took them home and got back in time for the 5 o'clock news. Tow bill was over $165.00! They have spent more than a new car would cost in fixes for their 97 Intrepid. Dad refused to look at new cars because of the cost. He is finally seeing the light after this last fiasco. We shall see.

Come on Spring!! We are anxiously awaiting a chance to go on a drive in Zoom Zoom. (Not just a short jaunt)

Cathy

3 comments:

Gale said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Wow,19 years, huh! We will be at 8 years next week. Yeah!

jody said...

WOW time does fly... I remember the night you and Richard met :-)

HAPPY Anniversary!