Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter everybody!!

We have had several comments from a "Mike" about being a blog favorite and wanting to do an interview. Anyone know about this guy? He must be reading the "King of Letha " stories. Richard does like to ramble on when he is mad.

Haven't found the bowl so I have given up. As for the mind, I have a t-shirt that states "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." Fitting I suppose. Got that t-shirt and another with the definition of stress on it when I use to drive school bus. One little lady rider asked me if I needed help. She was worried about getting home if I couldn't find my mind. Kids are great. They bring you back to earth. The shirt with the stress definition is not suitable for the younger crowd, so never wore it where they could see it. Language is something the school district regulates strictly.

Tax season is almost over, we have one more day at the Senior Center and we are done. As this winds down, the driver safety courses start. I do these things because it is something I can do and feel good about helping. There are no bossy bosses, just other volunteers, and it gets me out with people. I cannot just stay home and clean house. (I don't clean house anyway) I feel I can at least help someone and that is what life is about. Or should be anyway.

We were playing on the computers this morning and heard the unmistakable sounds of a dog fight. I head for the front room, and Lucy is leaving with her dignity bruised. Emmy, the old lady of the group, put Lucy in her place. Lucy has been bullying the others and Emmy finally got tired of it. She can't see or hear well, but she stood up for herself. We sure miss Oscar. Every now and then, I tear up and have to look away from Rich. If he sees me, it is very hard on him too. I just picture him in Heaven with Virginia (or where ever) on her lap as she pushes him off and he gets right back up again. He was persistent. She wouldn't let Oscar stay with her, but Lucy and her struck a chord. I had never seen her take to a dog, and Lucy is known for being very stand-offish (the word bitch fits her well). The two of them became friends, and Virginia asked about her whenever we went over. She enjoyed the dog!! Is the contest still open for a urn for Virginia? Richard and I went to a yard sale and bought a large urn that we thought would be suitable. Picture to follow when I can get one taken.
Well, I have rambled on enough. Catch you. Oh, and Happy Easter all.
Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom is still safely within the original box. My plan was to bring over my two choices, lets line em' up, take a vote and decant sometime. Okay? R

Anonymous said...

yeah....when are we going to move mom in with dad? Are we planning on doing that this soon...if so I'd like to make travel plans.

Oh, and glad you liked the video of mom. It was so funny, she laughed a lot at that one.