Monday, January 19, 2009

Great lunch & updates

We went to lunch yesterday with Cathy's folks . It is their 57th anniversary. New York strip steak, and garlic mashed , salad and a Corona, mmmmmmmmmmmm good. Sure wish we had a fresh fish market here, would love some of those big ass Lobester tails. I think all these land locked states get shipped the leftovers and the scraps or what ever can swim up the river. After lunch, we stopped at Barnes & Noble, and I found my missing books. Yes, so now I have the complete set. I am only on #7 so when I finish all of them, I will ship them to who ever would like to read them as long as I get the complete set back.
Talked to Mother when we got home, she said she was doing fine, and she decided to take herself off oxygen. She says it's making her grit her teeth at night, makes her jaw sore and she can't chew her chicken. Her words not mine. I ask her how Ollie was doing in her new diggs, she said she didn't know. Ollie won't come out and play with the rest of the old girls. Time will tell or so it goes. Nothing new around here, just watching all the news, seeing where all the pieces are going to fall , so I can stay out of the way.

Latest update: #1 grandaughter is at Intermountain Hospital on suicide watch again. She isn't dealing with Dirk's death, and tried to make it quite hurting. Heather found her in time to get her to St. Luke's and they stablized her then sent her to I.H. Now, she is waiting for a place to open at a rehab out of state. All this because she felt nobody wanted her. Which was never the case.
Later
RB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Called the ol girl a few times and she hasn't answered. I may have to call from an unlisted number.

so sorry to hear about the grand daughter...that must hurt.