Friday, December 4, 2009

MY two cents worth

I follow the news about jobs, or the lack of, and the wreck our economy is in. It just burns my ass that Congress will not do anything worth a damn about fixing things. Businesses in this country should be owned by Americans and no one else. If you are not American get your ass out. Go home, stay there!! Put a stop to outsourcing jobs. Any company that moved their manufacturing outside the USA should have their assets frozen and their citizenship revoked. If they try to get back in the country, they should be subject to a public hanging. I hate buying cheap ass crap "Made in China". I have a become a label reader and if I have any other choice, I won't buy anything made in China and I think all loyal Americans should do the same thing. I'm a red blooded American, patriot, and a veteran. I don't think lawyers should be allowed to run for Congress, there should be stronger term limits, and I think Congress needs a 50% pay cut. I think lobbying should be illegal and all laws passed by Congress should not be overloaded by special interest considerations. And while I'm on the subject, I think the IRS needs an audit. I really don't like it that our money has no value, it's just a promissory note. Our money needs to be backed by gold, silver or platinum. This all I'm going to write about tonight, it's getting close to bed time. Tomorrows subject will be about my thoughts on "Golden Parachutes".
Yes, these are my words, I spoke them, Cathy typed them.

AMF
RB

7 comments:

Phil said...

I guess you won't be shopping at Wal-Mart any time soon.

Jennifer said...

Down with "the right to work"! We need job security and harsher laws about employers. They need to stop discriminating towards Americans. Employers need to be required to have a legit reason to fire someone. I think Idaho is using the reason "because of the economy." It's making me sick. If someone doesn't have experience, they should give someone experience. Personality tests should be outlawed as well.

Retro Blog said...

I think others have said it better but about the best we can expect from the government is that they leave us alone as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

Thomas Jefferson once said:

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.

EJ

Anonymous said...

Way back when Henry Ford had a factory and was making cars he paid his workers wages high enough that they could afford to purchase one of these fine automobiles. My opinion is that most employers are short sighted when it comes to wages and don't see the long term benefit of paying a good wage, which leads to people buying cheap junk, advertised as 'necessities' or things that make us 'cool', not to mention cheaply made non nutritious food.
I'll take change from my 2 cents worth.

Anonymous said...

Jenn: employers are covered if somewhere in their literature you are required to read and acknowledge they use the phrase "You are employed at will". That means at ANY time. This is standard and not terribly fair.
'Tis best to be the boss. Love AUntie R

Anonymous said...

Lemme finish that sentence; Employed at will means the company that hired you can fire you for any reason at any time. Auntie R