Wednesday, December 3, 2008

60 Big Ones

This sucks, a 20 year old mind and a 60 year old body, what the hell do you do now?? OH !! Thanks everone for the B day greeting's . And how do you spend your B day ? Why working on Clay's piece of shit car from 0900 t0 2300 that's Navy time for you land lubbers. But it's fixed and out the door, next. Got a call from Carla an Mitch they sang happy B day ,thanks. Didn't even have a beer, can you believe it? Got to take care of this old body, I think beer is just about history.I can still remember my 7th B day we lived in the old Bishop house and Nora B. Horn Grang Ma, one each. Gave me a Bow Tie , don't remember the color, for my B day. Damn ! ! ! What a let down. You would think Grand Mothers would be more sensitive to a young fellers dreams of becoming a Cowboy or rocket scientist, I think I shall seek counseling, beer does not help. Well so much for young Dreams now it's getting older memories and Hard fought experiences. Looking forward to the next 60, cause I'm going to live long die old and leave a butt ugly corpse.

later
RB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday big Bro. Remember you are not getting older you are getting more refined.
Hope that you had a wonderful day.

Love ya!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I also remember you getting a card once that did not have the regulation five dollar bill tucked inside. I think Mom might have given you one later. I remember the younger birthdays, if you got a birthday present, I got a sympathy one, being a big old whiney big sister etc. R

Gale said...

Again happy birthday. 60? Are you sure? You don't look a day over 30, which makes me younger as well.

Phil said...

Happy Birthday Bro, sounds like you work too hard. Take a break, oh that's right you had a vacation this year, never mind. Have a good one anyway.