Thursday, November 27, 2008

Toooooooo Muccccch Turkey

The girls of the day. Cathy, Ollie, your Mother, Lisa, Cathy's Mom Peggy.



It started out ok, you know just like any other turkey day. All the nice smells, mouth watering, hunger pains from skipping breakfast, so you would have room for two pieces of pumpkin pie with cool whip, you know what I mean all you old chow hounds. We had a honey soaked ham with our turkey and all the rest of the good stuff. That was the good part. As far as food goes. The rest of the day I'm still thinking about. Lisa brought Cathy's folks over from Mt. Home. So I thought I would be nice and send her off to town to get your mother and Ollie. I'm thinking it would be easier to get in the car than the truck. Boy was I wrong!!!! Your Mother BITCHED the whole way out from town, "WHY CANT RICHARD COME PICK US UP IN THE TRUCK IT'S EASIER FOR ME TO GIT IN", can't you just hear it. Makes your ears ring. Poor Lisa heard about her hair color, the dogs and anything else you can think of. And Ollie was sitting in the back seat just grinning from ear to ear. When we finished dinner, nobody was ready for dessert yet, but Mom had to be running things still, so she insisted we bring out the birthday cake she made for Ollie. (see photo above) It's supposed to be chocolate with chocolate frosting, with M & M's spelling out "Happy Birthday 83rd + 1 day. The candy melted, she spelled 83rd as "8Erd" and it tasted really bad. (make photo larger) Cool whip didn't even help. When she got ready to leave she offered to leave us some, but I declined graciously and suggested she give it to ladies at the apt, building. Anyway, Ollie got a kick out of the deal cause she didn't have any idea she was going to get special recognition and sang to. It was kinda cool putting her on the spot. Tomorrow we get to start the move. And your mother promised to stay home!! Like that will ever happen. All in all, it was a nice day. Hope yours was too.
Later
RB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GAWD!!! And one more thing to be thankful for. That is hilarious, from afar. I told her to play nice, but I don't think she understands. happy 8E ya'll

Gale said...

Well, looks like I have something to look forward to come Christmas. I was telling Joanne that mom would be here for Christmas and she said we should all talk in whisper, I love that woman. So much fun I have planned.