Friday, October 3, 2008

Having some very bad days

We learned just yesterday morning that our oldest granddaughter's father committed suicide Wednesday afternoon. Lacey is not handling this well. She had gone to live with him as school started and has been dealing with her own demons. Now she feels responsible for her father. The only good thing is she was not at home when he did this. How cruel can life be to one little girl. She is at a local mental hospital to help her cope and keep an eye on her. We aren't allowed to see her. I am on my way up to Dirk's parents home to let them know we care and offer whatever we can, so will catch you all later.
Cathy

4 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Sevices will be Tuesday at 10:30 at Potters. Heather and Dirk were only married 6 months, but together for 3 years. They kinda did things backwards. Baby first, then they lived with Rod and Carrie (Dirk's mom and dad), then marriage. He also has 3 boys with his second wife. Guess it was too much for him.
Cathy

Gale said...

I am so sorry. Words fail me.

yoo hoo said...

I am so sorry, I guess words fail me as well. I remember Lacey as a baby. HUGS

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear about that.