Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grand Canyon photos...start at the bottom or it won't make sense.

I don't know what it says or means, but I'm standing in front of it!
This part of the tour is done, stay tuned boys and girls, we'll be back with more from the start of the river trek.
Brass medalion. I've always wanted my picture taken with a brass medalion. Now I got one.

Guano Point. Yes it does mean "bat shit".
The gov't during WWII, mined the bat shit to use in gun powder, and women's cosmetics. (like lipstick)
So if your girlfriend was a shitty kisser, you know why now.


Back up dumb ass!



This is a better shot of the Eagle Point, notice the eagle in the middle. We couldn't get the tail feathers in the shot, Rich had to get too close to the edge to get the shot and it made me very nervous.




Because we couldn't take cameras or cell phones on the skywalk, this is the only photo we got.
On site photos with the resident real live make believe indian chief, headress and designer sun shades
was only $30.00.


Top of Eagle Point. You can just see the head and wing spread.






Nice rocks, huh?







Road trip continues, almost there.



The Walapai' Indian main source of income. Bet you can't guess what that is!




on the road again!!!


would you please get in the jeep I have to go to!!!

same stop!!!



it was a long stop!!


dam tourists


start of dirt road to skywalk 25 miles to go!!! gotta go!!!




long dry road begining of rush hour, Ha Ha !!!





if you have never seen a pink church before well don't miss this one.


after turning off 93 on to road to Dolan Spring's 50 miles to go to skywalk.


bridge from Nevada side.


How high's the water mama???


How high's the water papa??


I read it but I don't know what it says.

Ill be glad when it's my turn to take some pictures.


visitors center for the dam tour?

again!!!!!


dam tourists


bridge under construction, Arizonia side.

new road to hoover dam , not open yet, no bridge!!


dinner and the only picture of my lost hat!!


7 and 7 time's 4

Start of vacation get plenty of rest before all that fun!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's amazing what a girl will put on her face. It's either poop or mashed up bugs. I wonder if that is the special ingredient that makes make-up so expensive.

yoo hoo said...

Nice pics and nice editorial. I bet you have good stories.

Retro Blog said...

Nice pictures, and what fun,you actually got to see the Grand Canyon and not just drive by the place!