Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life resumes after hunting.

Richard got back from hunting...twice. Left on a Friday, came home on Tuesday, left again early Wednesday morning, home again on Thursday. No Elk. I was just getting used to doing the chores by myself. Stuff like feeding the dogs breakfast on time, getting them outside, getting ready for a class that ultimately gets canceled, you know.

Got to sit in at the last sewer board meeting for Rich. Still fighting an uphill battle. Trying to get approval to fix stuff, sell other stuff (fencing and posts), explain again why we can't it do "like we used to." We have one member that is stuck in the past. Checking had to change, he didn't like that. New laws for going into the sump, he doesn't like that. Having a person other than him in charge, he for sure doesn't like that. "When I was doing it" comes out every other sentence. He won't accept the correct answer, when you can get it in there.

The board doesn't want to have any conflict of interest, but it seems I get to do a lot of research for them. I can't do much legally because of Richard's position, but they sure don't hesitate to ask me look things up anyway. I guess that is what it feels like to be needed. I am learning to just present my findings, and maybe an opinion. Then it is up to the board. Of course, Rich hears it all first, and we discuss all the options. Then he is ready for the meetings. Sometimes, it takes all month to get the right info. I enjoy it anyway.

Next week, Richard gets to work on the sump again. The week after is when he starts all the medical stuff. I'll let him expound on that subject.

I still have some problems left from West Nile Virus. I am getting better at recognizing the symptoms and knowing when I will have "one of those days." Richard helps me deal with it on a daily basis. We have figured out that if I can play cribbage, then the day should be good. There are days when common sense enters the picture, and I stay home, or Rich drives everywhere. It's a good thing I don't have a "life".

Later. Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember when you actually shoot something while out hunting, that is when the real work begins. Ugh.

Makes sewer board meetings look good. R