Saturday, July 30, 2011

Here we go again...

Let me see, where did we leave off? Oh yeah...still working on getting mom and dad taken care of.

As of last Friday, we were in Mtn. Home, mom was transferred to Life Care Center in Boise, and dad was transferred to Idaho States Veterans Home in Boise.

Here it is, Saturday the 30th, and not much that way has changed. Now, the rest of the story. Mom had to leave St. Lukes so was headed for the same place dad is, but because of the sedus colitus (spelling?) she had to go to Life Care as they were the only ones with isolation. She is now off all meds for the infection, so just waiting for test to confirm all is okay. Then she can get to where dad is. After this, who knows what will happen.

On the other side, dad is worried about going home. Not getting to, but having to. He is not ready to take care of himself (with help) so he has asked us to look into assisted living again. There is that facility at the VA so we are doing our homework.

We have been busy with fixing their house so they could come home, as that was the last thing we knew until Thursday. We took down the paneling in their family room, took out the old insulation, pulled up the old carpet (moldy) cleaned the floors, arranged for new windows, and generally cleaned it all up. 4 days of work last week. We bought the insulation to put in the walls, the windows are on order, and now dad doesn't think he can come home. So yesterday, I had my meltdown and West Nile reared it's ugly head again. I just lost all control and bawled all day. I feel much better now, thank you.

I am not looking for sympathy. Just letting out my frustrations on someone besides Rich. Poor man. He is absolutely wonderful to me and my parents. He has taken over running dad's rental properties, and been the foreman on this remodel. I thought he deserved a break, so, now you all are up to date. Going to have a heart to heart with mom today, so if you hear a loud crash, you know she threw something at me. It will not be pretty. I fully expect her to get extremely pissed off at me. I will let you know. Eventually.

We have had the last couple of days at home. It has been wonderful to have peace and quiet, if I could only stop my mind. Going back to Mtn. Home on Sunday to collect rent and put insulation up.

Going to the gym soon. Works off frustrations well. We hope to be able to get over to Phil and Jody's in September, but that seems to be up in the air yet. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Thanks for letting me vent. Later...Cathy

2 comments:

AuntJoJo said...

WOW you do have a full plate, I would be having a day of breakdown as well. Hope you can make it in September for some much needed R & R.

Anonymous said...

This truly is a case of...'if it's not one thing, it's two'. Take lots of deep breaths.