Friday, January 14, 2011

Update on Cathy Surgery

At 6:30 on the 11th, we hauled buns for St. Luke's. Check in at 8. Surgery at 10. I guess it was a little later than that. Don't remember much for about at least 24 hours. I am not sure, verdict is still out, but I hope this works. I have been trying to lose weight for over a year. No luck. So now I have had gastric bypass surgery. The surgery is called a Duadeanal Switch. You will have to look it up cuz I can't explain it. They say it isn't as hard on the system as a regular bypass. Couldn't tell it by me. I had a hard time recovering. Sinus crap, as well as water retention due to an IV that malfunctioned, made me have to stay in the hospital until this afternoon. As soon as I got the word, I called Rich and left this message."Come get Me." I was wanting out NOW!!! So we are home. I feel more comfortable, but still sore. 5 holes, 2 drains and a swollen arm. All for now. gonna go lie down.
cb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I googled duodenal switch, pretty impressive procedure. Remove half the stomach, remove gallbladder, reposition duodenum further down the colon. Hope it works for you. You must think in small amounts of food, like half a cup at a time. Good luck with this. Royce