Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day Y'All

Telling all moms out there "HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY" today because I plan to be out of the house all day tomorrow. Yard calls, so Sunday as a day of rest means the rest of the yard needs care. My grass is spotty, the weeds are invading, and the hoses need patching. Mowed yesterday, and only in a few spots could you tell the mower had been there. There was enough oddball spots, that I couldn't wait to mow. Now, I am watering the heck out of it so I can do this again next week.

We also put up our solar lights that had been stashed for 3 years. Rich put the holders on the fence posts, I cleaned the lights, and we turned them on this morning. Hope they recharge and work ok.

Spoke to Ellen. She and Leo are extremely busy, so all we could do was visit. It was a nice visit.

Rich and a neighbor went over to Bob's (Judy) house, Letha School, and mowed for him. He has stayed in the house most since Judy passed. He must have heard the mowers going, cuz Rich said he came out and started his mower and helped finish the job. It took all three of the mowers to do that in a timely manner. Big yard.

We are still working out daily. Rich is down to 218!!!! Yeah Rich!!!

Campaign still on track. I'm not sure if I want Rich to win or not. Damned if we do.....you know the rest. If he doesn't, well we will cross that bridge too.

Rich changed the truck over to Amsoil about 3 weeks ago. Mileage already improving. We can tell by the computer in the ceiling. Sure is nice ride. Only thing it doesn't have is an auto tranny. Leather seats, w/heaters!! Best thing ever invented for cool mornings. This is the first step in our goal. Getting out of Letha!!! by the time we can go, we'll be too old!

My dad is going in for surgery again. this time, for a spleenectomy (?) and removing the tail of his pancreas. Tumors found, don't know status of them. Won't until after. He has to have three vacines before surgery, wait 4 weeks, then see surgeon again to set date. Soo much fun. I went with him to the last appt. I asked the dr. to explain briefly. He got a little testy about me asking. Said I should have at other appts. I told him (nicely) that I had not known of this situation as Dad was not exactly forth coming with info. He sat down and gave me a briefing. I'm a little worried for Dad. His age and health are problems. One doc put it like this."The body on this model is out of warranty." That about says it all.

Have a good day everyone. Catch you on the flip side!

Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you are enjoying your parents while you have them, rave on sistah. Retro