Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mom's condition

Just got off the phone with mother's care giver. Janeice. Mom has finally given the dr. permission to talk to me about her medical condition. This what I found out. The reason for the weight loss is that she has an erratic heartbeat, and her heart is getting weaker and weaker, thus the shortness of breath. This is not fixable. She is adamant about no more testing, and the doc isn't sure they could fix anything if they found anything. So from here on out, it is just a matter of time and the only thing we can do is keep her comfortable and happy as possible. Hospice is still in the picture, and they will work with her, she just has to let them in the door. Hospice will also work with us should any of us feel the need, as we are all in this together. The doc was concerned about her skin condition from sitting around too much and developing bed sores. I'm thinking that the recent outburst aimed at the hospice people was because she is scared. She has refused any kind of spiritual help, which we all know that she would do anyway. So I encourage all of you to give her a call, be nice and try to encourage her to accept hospice back, she really need these services. I will talk to her later this morning. So that is it for now.
Later
RB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, thanks for the update. I will call her on Turkey day, she may have cooled down by then. Hang in there bubba and have a nice turkey day. Tim and I are driving to Salem to spend the day with my sister-in-law. Maybe play a game of Scrabble if I can con anyone into playing with me..Thanks
Royce